Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:59:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fixing the Eterm port

On 23 Dec 1997, Don Croyle wrote:

> I've been working on getting the current version working today.  Once
> I've gotten everything put together, would I be better off sending my
> diffs to the present maintainer or submitting them in my own PR?

Talk to the maintainer.  If they don't respond within a
reasonable amount of time, submit a follow-up to the pr with your
diffs, and a comment saying that you couldn't contact the
maintainer.

[The major reason for talking to the maintainer first is because
history with other ports suggests that doing otherwise can
provoke maintainers.  Besides that, as maintainer, they may have
something interesting to comment. :-]

Follow-ups are submitted by sending mail to
gnats-submit@freebsd.org with the subject Re: ports/3721 (or
whatever the proper pr # is).

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk