Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:29:56 +0000
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgx64 && syscons

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:15:30PM +0000, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>>I have a new Ultra-60 which is cooking up it's first buildworld, and I
>>am also going to be doing it's first new kernel.  I would like to have
>>syscons working, also.  Besides the regular default video, I have a
>>PGX64 ATI XL Rage video card which I would like to use, because I want
>>to use 1200X1600 graphics, and only that card of the two I have, will do it.
>>
>>Can I have syscons alonog with the PGX64 graphics?  If I need to modify
>>the kernel config file, a word or two would be appreciated.
>

> Well, I said to check the mailing list archives where these questions
> are asked and answered at *least* once a week, but I don't think you
> can use that card with syscons on sparc64.

I was hoping ot get something from someone else, Kris.  I have already
looked at all of the mails that were available (at least on the space64
list) about my pgx64 card.  Unfortunately, I don't know very much about
the sparc Video yet, and those mails all referred to the "Creator"
cards.  I think those are different cards than mine.

They were also all referring to Ultra-10 systems, mine's a Ultra-60, but
I figure that's not important.

I was just hoping for a comment about the pgx64 cards.  I cvan probably
dope out the kernel config myself, witht he esception of the pgx64
specific stuff.