Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:46:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@harbor.ab.ca>
To:        "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@scds.ziplink.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routing DHCP requests

Perhaps you should cut the CC list down to whichever mailing list you saw
this on... I wasn't sure which one was more appropriate.

OK, I grabbed the port and have read through all the doc but I can't tell
if what I want to do can be done.

We have 3 token rings and 4 ethernets (I'll try not to go into too many
details about why we've done certain things... it's a long story).
Anyways, the 3 TRs and 2 of the ethernets are hung off of 2 Ciscos.  On
one of those ethernets, is a FreeBSD router which routes to the other 2
ethernets.

The main DHCP server is an NT server on one of the token rings.  We need
DHCP to work for the 2 ethernets hung off of the FreeBSD machine.  We
don't want to have to manage DHCP servers both on NT AND on FreeBSD.

This means that the FreeBSD machine just needs to act as a 'dhcp relay'.
DHCP broadcasts on one ethernet need to be passed on to the others.

Is this possible?

-Steve