Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:24:50 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: sigset_t changes committed

John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> the reason I was on Marcel's back was because of his statement that he
> WOULD NOT do ANYTHING to fix the problem, and that as far as he was
> considered, that's life and deal w/ it...  if he had said, oh, I'll look
> for a solution to the problem, I wouldn't of been so hard on him...

I said that for the -current case. I also said that an upgrade from
-stable to -current will be fixed if it was broken.

> so, is Marcel going to do the work for this? or will this have to be
> passed to someone like you or myself?

I'm not going to claim this. Everyone with a constructive opinions can
join the club. It's so much easier for everyone if it's done by more
than 1 person. Those that don't feel confortable solving this problem
are encouraged to test solutions.

As for me, I'm trying to define the problem as detailed and consise as
possible. I already have some specific thoughts and ideas. I'm thinking
large here: real cross-compilation capabilities and such (it may be
handy for FreeBSD/IA64)...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/