Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 06:49:15 -0500
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Jazz Drive, removing read-only

I've spent a while slogging through all the Jazz related articles in the
FreeBSD archives, and some linux sites.

I seem to have gotten as far as many writers, as my boot-up messages below
demonstrate.  The remaining problem is, I believe, how to remove the
"read only " protection built into the bundled jazz disk.  [How to handle
other issues is well documented].

The linux people have their own tool that does this, and other aspects
of installation, called jaZip.  see
http://www.scripps.edu/~jsmith/jazip/jaZip-FAQ.html

Who has a solution for FreeBSD?  I saw a reference to a "jazcntrl" authored
by Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it (I've written him), which was apparently in
freebsd/incoming about one year ago.  Anyone know where to find it?

Best regards
--
Larry S. Marso
larry@marso.com