Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 2020 03:01:37 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        Daniel Morante <daniel@morante.net>
Cc:        "uboot@freebsd.org" <uboot@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sysutils/u-boot-master

On 2020-Oct-10, at 22:22, Daniel Morante via freebsd-uboot =
<freebsd-uboot@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hello again.  Sorry for being cryptic with my last message.  I think =
many of the u-boot ports need to include 'work/u-boot.img' as part of =
the files that need to be installed.  Specifically I had this =
requirement with sysutils/u-boot-orangepi-one and sysutils/u-boot-rpi.
>=20
> =
https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/blob/master/board/RaspberryPi/setup.sh#=
L3
> =
https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/blob/master/board/OrangePi-One/setup.sh=
#L4
>=20
> The current ports are not installing u-boot.img.
>=20
> On 10/10/2020 4:23 AM, Daniel Morante wrote:
>> Which port installs u-boot.img?
>>=20

Using RPI-B as an example, /usr/src/release/arm/RPI-B.conf
makes no use of u-boot.img and does not need to to produce
snapshots or releases.

crochet is not involved in making snapshots or releases
either.

My guess is that the criteria for those ports do not historically
include the criteria of enabling extra stuff just for crochet.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went