Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:08:39 +0100
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        ashish@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: recent portrevision bump for libvpx

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> When I made the EXPLICIT_PACKAGE_DEPENDS patch, I noticed that there is
> not only libtool at fault (reaction of the libtool developers was IIRC:
> it's not trivial to fix known problems for the cross-building case (for
> libtool-1.x?)), but also pkg-config and similar things

Yes, I know, it's correct what you say, but this doesn't prevent to
improve things. I'm not saying that tomorrow we'll have a perfect ports
tree where all and only direct dependencies will be listed, but if we
don't even start...
Currently we have exactly the opposite case: ports that have direct
(maybe not needed) dependencies to libraries that are not recorded in
Makefiles. This is the root cause of "portmaster -r" or aggressive bumps.

--
Alex Dupre