Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:11:07 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Freebsd-update to 9.3 from 9.2

I have a system that has been running 9.2.  To get it to 9.3 I did the =
usual freebsd-update approach.  Everything appeared to go fine.  When =
the process completed, uname -a showed 9.3.  Since I need a custom =
kernel for this system and src is on the system, I then went and did a =
buildworld and buildkernel.  After booting the new kernel, uname -a now =
shows 9.2 P10.  I know that there were updates to the src files since =
freebsd-update listed a bunch of them and the previous kernel was =
9.2-P8.  So, what system do I have?  Is this an issue with the version =
not showing correctly, or did the src directory not get updated =
properly?=