Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:37:42 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, releng@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE in 12 hours

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Murray Stokely wrote:

>   4.4-RELEASE should be available from ftp-master.FreeBSD.org within
> the next 12 hours.  As a reminder, this will be a rather large release
> with 5 ISO images (one mini-install image, and then a 4 CD set).

thanks for the notice murray.

when it's on ftp-master, how much delay will there be before it makes
it to ftp.freebsd.org and other mirrors ?

will there be any co-ordinated release and announcement or will it just
start appearing ?

as you can imagine, it might take more than 12 hours for ll of it to
get mirrored out.

some disk space du output would also be good for:

4.4-RELEASE trees (i386 and alpha?)
4.4 ISO trees (i386 and alpha?)
4.4 package trees (i386 and alpha?)

so we know the total amount of disk space required for all of them.

regards,

-jason