Date:      05 Nov 2002 15:02:48 -0500
From:      Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Stanislav Silnitski <stalker@minicorp.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: birda-1.00

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 18:04, Stanislav Silnitski wrote:
> I'm highly interested to get my cellular phone connected (ericsson520m)!
> Trying to setup proper connection to my ISP, I failed to use the subj
> in couple with any ppp-oriented sw (ppp, pppd).

You could try updating to 1.0 but I don't recall any changes in that
area.

I've only used birda for PDA syncing, have never had a phone with IrDA
support (except the treo I was given by work the other day, but it's a
PDA as far as IrDA is concerned) so don't know how to do PPP.  (Nor have
I tried to duplicate the ancient PPP hack I used to use on Linux....)

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu