Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:08:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
To:        Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sppp corrupts mails (was: Re: 0.82 and sendmail 8.9.3 (3.2R)

>> 1. I have no problem to compile and run i4b-0.82 with sppp under 3.2-RELEASE
>> 2. I have the sendmail problem (emails >50k) under 3.2R with i4b-0.82 and
>> sppp.
>> 3. I have NO sendmail problem with Brian's ppp and i4b-0.82 under 3.2R
>> 4. I have compile problems with i4b-0.83's sppp and spppcontrol (especially
>>    spppcontrol) under 3.2-RELEASE (this has nothing to do with 2 and 3)
>>
>> Fact 2 and 3 let me guess there is a problem with sppp or somewhere around
>> it,
>> but it seems to me that there is no problem in the Fritz! PCI driver
>> beacause
>> ppp runs fine with the raw channel devices and isdnd (i4b-0.82)
>>

> OK, I understood. But I tested 0.83 with 3.2-R and sppp (Elsa QS 1000 PCI and
> Fritz! ISA PnP) and it compiled and worked!

I have overinstalled 0.83 over 0.82 and spppcontrol failed while accessing
the isp0 device. I have the checked several include files an they are all 0.83
and ok. I have added the option SPPP_VJ in the kernel konfig file and
added the line "SPPP_VJ         opt_i4b.h" in the options file.

Do I have to remove something from the kernel config file which my conflict
with i4b-0.83?

I have also included "pseudo-device     sppp" and "option VJ_IPR"

/\/\ichael Ranner - Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
Michael.Ranner@netway.at - webmaster@mariazell.org
        Homepage: http://www.netlounge.at/mranner/
Mariazell Online: http://www.mariazell.at/