Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:12:29 +0600
From:      Rion <rion4ik@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.0.6

Hi

I just installed FreeBSD-8.2 as guest by this instruction
http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox
using blueports.

* Mouse integration works well
* Clipboard integration doesn't work
* Auto guest screen resize on VB window resize doesn't work

I'm absolutely new for FreeBSD and don't know what can be wrong.
and here is my investigation.
Xorg.0.log doesn't mention any issues
I tried to manually start VBoxClient-all but it writes to stdout
"Failed to connect to the VirtualBox kernel service" 4 times
But if it's started by root(through sudo) nothing wrong happened
and moreover clipboard and display integration starts working.
I tried to set 0666 permissions to /dev/vboxguest* but this doesn't help.
In any case it must be started as not-root user since its started by
*.desktop file.

from other things:
* vboxguest kernel module loaded fine
* VBoxService started and I see it in processes
* nothing wrong in dmesg and syslog from first look.

Not-mentioned in wiki things:
* procfs must be mounted
* xrandr must be installed