Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 1997 17:05:05 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "Nobody X. Noone" <nobody@no.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AWE driver ready for -current check-in

Folks, I just updated the awesfx and awemidi ports for the move of the AWE
driver to the sys/gnu subtree.  They couldn't find awe_voice.h.  An
anonymous Netscape poster brought this to my attention.  Thanks for the
report!

However, he also mentions having problems building the ports for other
reasons on his current system.  I'm running 3.0-971208-SNAP, so I guess
it's possible something significant has changed in the last 2 weeks.

So I'd appreciate hearing a report from another -current user.  I'll chat
with the the reporter as soon as they fix their From: header so I know who
it is (Edit->Preferences->Identity).

In any case, they said the kernel patch applies without a hitch except for
files.i386.  Probably somebody's added some stuff to the end in the last
two weeks that confuses patch.  In any case, the change is simple -- one
line removed, one line added:

     > diff ORIG/files.i386 files.i386
     223d222
     < i386/isa/sound/awe_wave.c     optional        awe     device-driver
     305a305
     > gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_wave.c optional        awe     device-driver

reflecting the move to the sys/gnu subtree.

 |    Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of all us AWE users out
 |here :-)  I'm really looking forward to getting full use of my AWE
 |64 Gold under FBSD :-)

Glad to do it.  Let me know about those missing files and I'll see if I can
work through them before vacation.

Thanks,

Randall