Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:11:38 -0500
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@columbus.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount checking for read-only media

So it seems that probably all block devices have this bug. I haven't
tried it with an ATA or SCSI hard drive, tape drive, or any flash RAM
type stuff.  The problem does occur on standard floppy disks and on my
parallel port zip drives.
	If/when I do mess with it, I think I'll stick with the Unix tradition
of never making the OS assume it knows more than the user. Some kind of
force option to mount the partition read-write, even if it seems to be
read-only seems good...
	Expect to see more postings, if I get around to messing with the kernel
and don't understand. Hopefully a couple patches will appear on this
list soon :-)