Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2012 04:40:29 +0100
From:      Michael Holmes <holmesmich@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OpenSSL on 9.0-RELEASE-p3 using Camellia as default TLS cipher?

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to running FreeBSD servers (a few months
experience, but mainly run Linux servers), and while setting up a few
apps on my server running 9.0-RELEASE-p3, such as Twisted and nginx, I
noticed that FreeBSD's OpenSSL implementation seems to default to the
Camellia cipher for TLS connections. I was wondering if this was by
design or accident? I find it odd that a less well-known cipher with
less cryptanalysis performed against it is picked over the well known,
hardware accelerated and well tested AES cipher, even if they are of
similar design.

Thanks,

--
Michael Holmes