Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.3 GENERIC won't complete

I am just getting my feet wet with Alpha, and am having some
trouble compiling a kernel from 4.3 release sources...
At first, I thought maybe my custom configuration was missing
something important, but I am not even able to compile GENERIC.

Make depend does not complain, and make produces the kernel,
but during the modules, it grinds to a halt right after agp:

linking kernel
3625335  324872  174472 4124679  3ef007 kernel
cd ../../modules && env
MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC/modules make obj all
===> accf_data
===> accf_http
===> agp
===> aha
===> amr
===> an
===> wb
===> wx
===> xl
===> osf1
===> accf_data
[compile accf_data.c setdef0.c setdef1.c]
===> accf_http
[compile accf_http.c setdef0.c setdef1.c]
===> agp
@ -> /usr/src/sys
ln: @/sys: File exists
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/agp.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC.

I don't know a whole lot about the modules system, but it sure looks
like it is trying to do the modules a second time.  The clock seems
to be running fine on this system, by the way.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

-Richard