Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:19:08 +0200
From:      "Kenneth Karoliussen" <kenneth@karoliussen.net>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "odin" <nc@collector.org>
Subject:   Re: Aliased network interface

>FreeBSD does not have the eth0:0 semantics.

No, the semantic I used was just simply for the illustrution, and yes
it was actually taken from Linux ;-)

>Destination        Gateway            Flags      Netif Expire
>192.168.1          link#1             UC         fxp0 =>
>192.168.1.200/32   link#1             UC         fxp0 =>
>
>These two entries are for the same interface. There are multiple entries
>in the routing table.

But you will not be able to show a foreign host that your packages originated
from an alias IP address attached to the single network interface, right?

You're able to do so in a Linux system by creating a true alias network interface.

>The difference is the cosmetics of the display. That or I am smoking
>crack.

Gee, I really hope not ;-D

/Kenneth