Date:      Fri, 18 May 2012 19:01:25 +0200
From:      Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez_i_Querol?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>, kan@freebsd.org, Jason Evans <jasone@freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, kib@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: jemalloc: qdbus sigsegv in malloc_init

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Gustau P=E9rez i Querol
<gperez@entel.upc.edu> wrote:
> =A0So the problem seems to be not related to jemalloc or malloc. As the
> experimental 4.8.1 devel/dbus-qt4 port works fine in stable, the problem =
has
> do to with some differences between head and stable. When we get more hin=
ts
> where the problem is, I will post them in a new thread in freebsd-current=
@.

Gus has been away for a while, but before disappearing he found a
workaround to be building devel/dbus-qt4 with -fno-use-cxa-atexit. So
I had a look around, and found this NetBSD bug report:
http://www.archivum.info/fa.netbsd.bugs/2007-12/00070/lib-37654-libc's-atex=
it_mutex-should-be-fully-recursive.html

Since qdbus crashes after exit(3) here too, that might be an
explanation. Or, at least, something related.

kib@ and kan@ are CCed as per avg@ suggestion.
--=20
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla