Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:18:27 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <mountin.man@mixcom.com>
To:        "Mark Segal" <mark@club-web.com>, "Kevin Day" <toasty@home.dragondata.com>, <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Large httpd log files

At 11:28 PM 2/11/98 -0500, Mark Segal wrote:
>:)....  i agree.  but, changing 4 log files.. the title.. and the location
>url under the title.. it just becomes a pain in the ass..

By changing are you talking about when you add a new site or the reporting?

Either can be scripted so you just enter the domain once, but a few more entries would be needed for the reporting.  Hell I even scripted the DNS entries. ;)

My default was just the access log.  I'd turn error logging on as a temporary thing.  The agent and refer logs were another option, which are mostly lost with an "average" customer.  And a really rare webmaster wants the raw log, which we made an option with or without the Analog report.  Almost as rare as those knowing the word "demograhpics" are. :O

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
mountin.man@mixcom.com