Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:48:52 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.sminter.com.ar>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Partition sizes on 3.1

Hello:
	I'm going to set up a server running 2.2.8 because it will be heavy
loaded and I want it to be as solid as posible. However, I'm planning an
upgrade to 3.2 or 3.3 when -STABLE gets mature enough.
	My idea is to partition it like this:

/
/usr
/usr/local
/var
/home
/tmp
/data

	The goal is to make it easier to upgrade (backup /etc, fresh-install
on / and /usr, then remount remaining partitions). I want to know how
much space (aprox.) do I need for / and /usr on -STABLE.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

	Regards.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red