Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:07:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      miguel <miguel@rift.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE 1.1.2 and FreeBSD 3.4 application installation problems

Greetings,

	Fresh new 3.4 system, installed kde right from the ports,
everything seems to work fine there. KDE is running properly. (All the
binaries, as far as i can tell, went to /usr/local/bin mostly).

	Now every time I try to install some type of KDE application, and
i run "configure" i get the following error:

------- SNIP -------

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no kde headers installed. This will
fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

I tried installing FreeBSD 3.4 and kde on another machine, and the same
problem arises every time you try and run "configure" to try and generate
a makefile to install any kde application (downloaded from their site).

I've looked at the mail archives and other people have posted about this,
but no solution was posted. Should anyone know how to get KDE applications
installed and circumvent this error, please let me know by email.

Regards,

miguel/toronto/ontario/canada