Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 1995 15:01:43 -0400
From:      John Murray <jmurray@vt.edu>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1

Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Netscape 2.0b1 now works like a charm. The News reader is
> really smart ... No problems seen so far.
>
> Except the mail reader ... why doesn't he find my incoming folder
> in /var/mail ???

>From The Release Notes:

If you encounter problems using Netscape's builtin movemail support,
there are two likely solutions; 1) the $MAIL environment variable
must be set to your system's mail spool directory, and 2) the mail
spool directory must be writable by the user.

If your mail spool is not writeable, and you cannot use POP, you can
obtain an alternative movemail program.  We recommend obtaining a
copy of GNU movemail, which is part of the XEmacs distribution
available via anonymous FTP from ftp.cs.uiuc.edu (128.174.252.1) in
the directory /pub/xemacs/. The most up-to-date list of distribution
sites can always be found on the XEmacs WWW page,
http://xemacs.cs.uiuc.edu/.

Hope this helps.

__
John Murray