Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:22:35 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Iliya V. Serov" <serov@telecom.lek.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What about "@groupname" notation in ftpchroot file?

	Hello dear sirs!
   Here you are some questions. I've tried to setup a user, which
is planned to work with our server via ftp only. So, I've done everything,
that man pages on ftpd told me to do in such a case. In fakt everything
seems to work, somehow, but: when I place the groupname of the user in
ftpchroot file, prefixed by "@", the users root directory remain unchanged
and he can list the whole directory tree on my file system. And if,
however, I plase the username itself in ftpchroot file, everything works
exelently. May be I am wrong somewhere?

						Best regards. Iliah.