Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 21:36:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "T.D. Brace" <ted@stargate.org>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Scsi problem? (fwd)

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > /var/log/messages:
> > ==============================================================================
> > Nov  5 12:15:52 loucha /kernel: ahc0: WARNING no command for scb 40 (cmdcmplt)
> > Nov  5 12:15:52 loucha /kernel: QOUTPOS = 234
>
> These messages are somewhat disturbing.  They either mean that the
> drive is continually signaling that the same command has completed
> even though the kernel has no record of it being outstanding, or the
> output queue (pointers or data) is corrupted.  Can you give me an idea
> on what kinds of loads cause the error to occur?
>
> --
> Justin

Nothing too major.  200-400 processes average, pulling web pages and
images.  Sql server also (using 4% of the cpu time).  Load averages run
less than 2.0 at the highest.

I'm concerned I have a hardware failure (drive?) coming.  Are there any
issues with 3.1-S that I am not aware of?  Could faulty motherboard /
memory cause this kind of errors?

We have a dozen or so freebsd boxes, 4 of them are ABit based - these
seem to cause us 90% of our problems.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ted