Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:46:39 -0500
From:      "Ozzie Gurkan" <ozziegurkan@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with connecting to mysql on another machine

Actually, I think I have the permissions set correctly because I can get to
the MySQL server from my other windoze machine with an authorization entry
in the users table (on the server) as: root@192.168.1.73. All I did was to
duplicate that entry for authorizing my FreeBSD machine (on the server):
root@192.168.1.99.

I can connect from my windoze client, but not from my FreeBSD client. I am
still stomped. The mysql-gui (running on FreeBSD client) for X says "Lost
connection to MySQL server during query." It is almost like it isn't finding
it or something. However, I can telnet to the server and it will establish a
connection.