Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 14:38:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mhughes@logroad.bridge.com (Michael Hughes)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse

In a previous message, Brian Freeman said:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently installed FreeBSD 2.2.1.  I am currently trying to
> install XFree86.  The problem I have is that I can't configure my
> mouse.  It's plugged into the PS/2 port on the back of my computer.
> It is a fairly new Logitech (about 1 year old).  It worked fine under
> win/95 where it was configured as a Microsoft mouse. I tried every
> available protocol on the options menu but none of them seemed to work.
> Do you have any suggestions on how I can configure my mouse or what
> I did wrong when I installed FreeBSD.

  Did you enable the ps/2 port in the kernel?  If not, boot the system with a
-c and enable psm0.  Hope this helps.

 _ _ _                    _    _    ,                    Loghome living is the
Bridge Information Systems, Inc.        /|
St Louis MO                             |/                  mhughes@bridge.com