Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 1996 15:08:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Subject:   Re: Seagate Medallist 1GB (ST51080N) AWRE/ARRE?

As Brian Tao wrote:

>     I installed a replacement ST51080N drive today (the previous one
> had been giving all sorts of medium errors and command failures).
> Like the first drive, AWRE and ARRE were disabled on the replacement
> drive.  Does anyone know if the Seagate Medallist SCSI drives actually
> support this feature?

I haven't seen any Seagate that wouldn't support it.  Almost no disk
has turned it on by default, instead it seems that the intention is
that the driver should normally be alerted, so that it could log the
failure somewhere for later reference, and finally ask the drive to
explicitly (as opposed to automagically) remap the bad block.

--
cheers, J"org