Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 00:27:28 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STB tuner

Hi,

> I had a look around you web page and associated documents. It seems that
> PAL versions of these cards are available. How compatible with the PAL
> modes is your work?

The basic driver already knows about it, and
as for the tuner itself, I have seen no features that are programmable,
either you get a board with a PAL tuner or an NTSC tuner (I think...)
If you look at the tuner module page you will see what I mean:

http://208.196.158.173/fi1200.html

there is an issue as to the station frequencies.  right now I'm just plugging
in hard values (now can see all my local stations...).  but they are well
documented, am thinking about whether to handle them computationally
or with a lookup table.

---
> I am interested in getting one of these cards, and will galdly contribute
> labour if required.

to get this right many people will have to chip in, so that we can support
all the various flavors of board/standards/etc.  I'm actually more worried
about the audio than the video.  Evidently there are parameters for the stereo
chip stored in EPROM, with no documentation of their format

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD