Date:      12 Nov 2002 20:55:09 +0100
From:      Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
To:        Scott Carmichael <freebsd@jobeus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CS4299-A support?

Scott Carmichael <freebsd@jobeus.net> writes:

> Does FreeBSD support this sound chipset? I can't find any confirmation
> that it does, even though it's listed in /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/ac97.c
[...]
> Other CS42xx cards seem to be supported, but they're explicitly listed,
> whereas my CS4299 is not...

Mine CS4236, is not listed in that file as well, but it works. I had,
however, to insert the following line into the kernel config:
device      pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10

If your kernel is PNPBIOS-enabled, you will probably need only:
device      pcm

The result is:
pcm0: <CS4236> at port 0x52c-0x533,0xf8c-0xf94,0xe0e irq 5 drq 1 flags 0xa110 on isa0

Hope this helps.

--
Alexander Pohoyda
<alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>