Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 00:19:52 +0100
From:      Jan Ahrent Czmok <czmok@thematrix.gigabell.net>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Christian Kurz <C.Kurz@Gigabell.Net>, core@freebsd.org, hubs@freebsd.org, c.jachmann@Gigabell.Net, j.czmok@Gigabell.Net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on ftp.cdrom.com going away

* David Greenman (dg@root.com) [000302 18:50]:
> >On 00-03-01 David Greenman wrote:
> >>    Just a heads-up: The FreeBSD archive on ftp.cdrom.com will be going away
> >> soon. It has been moved to ftp.freesoftware.com. The CNAME for ftp.freebsd.org
> >> has already been changed (a few days ago, actually) to point to the new
> >> location.
> >
> >After a short discussion with two of my colleagues, we could offer you
> >to host ftp.freebsd.org on our new location in the USA. You only need to
> >tell us, what exactly you need for this server (Only housing space or a
> >separate machine). We would be glad to hear from you.
>
>    We're talking about ftp.freesoftware.com (which carries ftp.freebsd.org
> as well as other content). How much bandwidth would be available? We'd need
> about 75Mbps initially, growing to 100-150Mbps in the next 6-12 months.

Okay.

We actually CAN handle the bandwidth requirements for this server.
The server will be put DIRECTLY into our mae-east facility which has one-hop-away
routes to most of the peers.

How are you dealing with 100-150 mps ? using more than one system or Ethernet ?

and how much Units of Rack Space the server will take ?

Jan

p.s. we can implement it quite fast.

--
Jan Ahrent Czmok
Head of International Peering Department