Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:00:44 +0000
From:      David Hill <david@phobia.ms>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   bash 2.0.5a port requires autoconf

Hello -
I am trying to install bash 2.0.5a via the ports/shells/bash2 port.
config.status: creating examples/loadables/perl/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
===>  Building for bash-2.05a
cd . && autoconf
autoconf: not found
*** Error code 127

--

It looks like a dependancy to autoconf needs to be added.

Ok, so i installed autoconf via the ports.

Then I get the error that bash 2.0.5a needs a version of autoconf >= 2.5, which is not the the ports.

I guess to try it out, uninstall autoconf and try building it.

Thanks
David