Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 01:02:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, rknebel@uplink.net (Rick Knebel), jedgar@fxp.org (Chris D. Faulhaber)
Subject:   Re: scanner and scsi

J Wunsch wrote...
> As Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
>
> > Are you sure that xscanimage is looking for a pass device?  Is xscanimage
> > in the ports tree at all? [...]
>
> yes, and yes.

Where in the ports tree?  I can't find it.  I can find SANE, but not
anything called xscanimage.

> > Some scanner utilities want a processor target (pt) device.  You
> > might try putting 'device pt0' in your kernel config file (and make
> > sure you have /dev/pt0 as well).
>
> The question is whether the device would be recognized as `processor
> target'.  The boot messages didn't seem to indicate this.  SANE is
> also able to use pt devices (and i actually prefer this variant), all
> you have to do is something like:

The reason his scanner wasn't recognized as a pt device is because he
didn't put the pt device in his kernel.  He sent me private mail later
saying that he got things working, probably by putting the pt device in his
kernel.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry