Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 02:27:27 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netboot via pccard?

In message <Pine.SGI.4.21.0003060149240.5424-100000@Komma.ZEDAT.FU-Berlin.DE> Martin Dieringer writes:
: is it possible to boot via network with a pccard?

Not from scratch.  At last I've not seen a laptop with this feature,
but I have seen some embedded systems that could do this.

: Or at least to mount directories like /usr by nfs?
: The pccards are probed AFTER mounting filesystems, can this be changed?
: I have a 3com 589D and 4.0-CURRENT.

Well, you'd have to try hard to do this.  Enough hacking on /etc/rc
could likely make this work.  pccardd can run after / has been mounted
r/w (maybe even while it is still r/o).  It doesn't need anything in
/usr.  So if you have a local /, then you might be able to do that.

NEWCARD will likely change this...

Warner