Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:32:06 -0500
From:      Bryan Cassidy <b_cassidy@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nvidia drivers

I have the nvidia-drivers port installed on my system and configured. Everything works except when I reboot the system I have to re-run kldload nvidia before I can startx successfully. I have the following in /boot/loader.conf

agp_load="YES"
nvidia_load="YES"

and I get the following in dmesg | grep nvidia

Preloaded elf module "nvidia.ko" at 0xc076427c.
nvidia0: <GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro> mem 0xf0000000-0xf7ffffff,0xe9000000-0xe9ffffff irq 11 at device 0.0 on pci1
nvidia: agp_find_device failed, chipset unsupported?

Why did it fail? Am I missing something?

--

			Get GUMMed
			--- ------
The Gurus of Unix Meeting of Minds (GUMM) takes place Wednesday, April
1, 2076 (check THAT in your perpetual calendar program), 14 feet above
the ground directly in front of the Milpitas Gumps.  Members will grep
each other by the hand (after intro), yacc a lot, smoke filtered
chroots in pipes, chown with forks, use the wc (unless uuclean), fseek
nice zombie processes, strip, and sleep, but not, we hope, od.  Three
days will be devoted to discussion of the ramifications of whodo.  Two
seconds have been allotted for a complete rundown of all the user-
friendly features of Unix.  Seminars include "Everything You Know is
Wrong", led by Tom Kempson, "Batman or Cat:man?" led by Richie Dennis
"cc C?  Si!  Si!" led by Kerwin Bernighan, and "Document Unix, Are You
Kidding?" led by Jan Yeats.  No Reader Service No. is necessary because
all GUGUs (Gurus of Unix Group of Users) already know everything we
could tell them.
		-- Dr. Dobb's Journal, June '84