Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:58:37 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Crossfire Broken?

On a standalone machine crossedit comes up but crossfire does not.
Have the rplayd daemon up. Only thing that looks wrong with
`crossfire -o' is the compress/uncompress are shown in the /local/bin
fs.

With command `crossfire -d 0' I get:

Tried to add button-link without map.
Reading artifacts from /usr/local/crossfire/lib/artifacts...done.
Initializing spells...done.
Reading races from /usr/local/crossfire/lib/races...done.
Initializing gods...done.

Initializing reading data...
Reading messages from /usr/local/crossfire/lib/messages...done.
Reading bookarch from /usr/local/crossfire/lib/bookarch...
book archives(used/avail): (0/924)
done.
init_mon_info() got 157 monsters
Reading alchemical formulae from /usr/local/crossfire/lib/formulae...done.
Reading skill_params from /usr/local/crossfire/lib/skill_params...done.
Initializing gods...done.
Trying to load map /usr/local/crossfire/lib/maps/city/city.
load_original_map: /city/city
Matching fonts to crossfire: 1 (crossfire)
Init display (0.0) with sounds...done.
Rplay fd: 4
Sound 0 not available.
Welcome to CrossFire, v0.93.0
Copyright (C) 1994 Mark Wedel.
Copyright (C) 1992 Frank Tore Johansen.

Is the sound/rplay lines significant? BTW with this command, the playing
screen flashes on/off very fast.

Looks like one of the few games I will play, if I can ever get it to
start :(

Tom