Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 09:18:37 -0800
From:      Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
To:        "James Webster" <James3838@tsi-net.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with NATD

At 09:02 PM 12/6/99 -0800, James Webster wrote:

>I'm a first time user of FreeBSD ( my NIC card wouldn't work with netBSD for

>some reason).  While I'm familiar with networking, and network address

>translation, so some reason I can't get it working on FreeBSD.

>I'm setting up a weird testing topology to simulate a slow link (serial), so

>I have a box with an Ethernet card (fixed IP 172.30.224.9) and a PPP

>(10.0.0.1) connection.  I want all connections going to the Ethernet address

>to be redirected to the machine on the other side of the PPP (10.0.0.2)

>connection.  I have everything working but the redirection.

>I have used "/sbin/natd -n ex0 -redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.2:80 80" and "-n

>ex0 -f /etc/natd.conf" with "redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.2:80 80" in the conf

>file.  Neither has worked for me.

>If I've some how misread the man pages, please feel free to let me know what

>I'm doing wrong.  I'm not on this mailing list, so please include me in any

>response.

>Thanks,

>James Webster

Been through all this myself last week...

in the natd.conf try:

redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.2:80 172.30.224.9:80

that should do it... seems to work for me at least.

Cheers, Swen

<bold>Windows 98</bold>: n.

        useless extension to a minor patch release for

        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a

        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system

        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,

        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for

        1 bit of competition.