Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:24:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: After make world: "file system mount failed"

On 27-Oct-97 Doug White wrote:

>or
>> >
>> > This implies that an entry in /etc/fstab neglected to specify an
>FS type.
>> >
>> # cat /etc/fstab
>
>Guess not.
>
>> > This is what I have:
>> >
>> > gdi,ttyp1,/sbin,17>ls -l mount_*
>>
>> Same here. Well some different sizes, but they're all present.
>
>Hm.  It looks like mount already understands how to mount ufs volumes
>without any special help.  I know that the mount() interface changed
>from
>2.x to 3.0-CURRENT; did you update your mount* programs appropriately?

Depends on what would constitute doing that. I didn't have anything
customized on this machine, so I just did make world, make
distribution. I started by rebuilding config, but it looks like I
forgot to make a new kernel before I built the world. Boot-up reports a
2.2.2-RELEASE kernel. Perhaps that's my problem? If so, is there any
way to get a -current kernel over there. As I said, I am running the
same sources on another machine. I thought about making a release on
it; I have just enough space, but that failed with libalias_p.a not
found. I really don't know what I'm doing there though. I need to read
some docs.

Anyway, any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. It apparently took
almost 24 hrs for this make world with the p100 but only 8MB RAM. I'd
rather not have to start from scratch.

Thanks again.

Greg