Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:07:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Craig Leres <leres@ee.lbl.gov>
Subject:   Re: Who owns PCMCIA?

Me mostly.

> It might be a good idea to update this and the ancillary pages to have
> the list of pcmcia hardware supported by freebsd. Just now I was trying
> to pick a pcmcia scsi controller and as far as I could tell by looking
> at the online handbook, no controllers are supported.

That is true.  No SCSI controllers are supported by FreeBSD.

> But we eventually
> found /etc/pccard.conf and found that at least 3 different cards are
> supported.

If you install the PAO package they are supported, but the PAO package
contains lots of additional drivers that are not (yet) in FreeBSD.  I
asked Poul to allow me to bring them into 2.2, but due to my workload
it's probably too late in getting the drivers and patches in 2.2

So, the handbook entries should stay the same, since they are still
valid.

Nate