Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:51:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice woes on 4.4 RC --SOLVED!!

Chad R. Larson <chad@dcfinc.com> wrote:
 > I'm most familiar with FreeBSD, and it does a wonderful job of
 > taking care of itself.  Rolls log files, etc. without a SysAdm
 > holding it's hand.  But it would require running StarOffice under
 > the Linuxulator, which could hurt performance (which is already a
 > bit dodgy in my limited StarOffice experience) and be more
 > complicated to set up.

From my experience, the Linuxulator has no noticeable
impact on the performance of StarOffice, provided that
you have enough RAM (which is cheap nowadays, even for
laptops).  I haven't done any "big" things in StarOffice
yet, though.

It's not more complicated to install and set up than
under any other OS, IMO.  The FreeBSD port does a pretty
good job.  And once it's running, it's running.  :-)

Regards
   Oliver