Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 16:10:28 +0000
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Ren=C3=A9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FBSD Doc project <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: authors.ent and developers.ent ?

On 3 November 2012 23:57, Ren=C3=A9 Ladan <rene@freebsd.org> wrote:

> author entities are defined both in authors.ent (with email address) and
> developers.ent (without email address). The latter is used in e.g.
> htdocs/administration.xml, resulting in cumbersome lines like
>
>  <li>&a.name; &lt;<a
> href=3D"mailto:name@FreeBSD.org">name@FreeBSD.org</a>&gt;</li>
>
> where just
>
> <li>&a.name;</li> would be clearer.

This is an artifact of the old doc/ www/ split, and yes - it should be
fixed. But I suspect developers.ent is used in HTML files, so you
can't use <email> but that may have changed since I last looked at it.

Please do fix - it's a PITA when updating web pages which needs User
Name <email@freebsd.org>.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen