Date:      28 Jan 2003 09:59:28 -0800
From:      Mark <mw@lanfear.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Managing /etc/hosts.lpd??

Hello,

        Is there a better way to manage lpd permissions than
specifying individual hosts in /etc/hosts.lpd?  I have a
heterogeneous network here (there are a few Winder's machines in
addition to a bunch of Unix machines) that has a bunch o' machines
on it, all of which are listed in a local DNS server.

        What I'd really like to be able to do is just say:  "Allow
any machine from this local domain to connect to lpd."

        The documentation for hosts.lpd doesn't help out on
format here, and the source code for lpd.c seems to confirm
that there is, indeed, no wildcarding supported.

        Any other options?

Thanks,
mark...