Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 1995 05:38:54 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/ explosion

 * most of those could go in a directory with a nice short name: `web'
 * ( `www' is a term people will stop using in a year or 2,
 * as everyone yawns, & says "yes, obviously its `world wide'" :-)
 *
 * how about:
 * 	web:
 * 		cern_httpd cern_linemode chimera  lynx tkWWW
 * 	something_short:
 * 		gn gopher wais  (wwwish ?) xgopher

This sounds like a great idea, I prefer shorter names, but we're
running out of good names quickly.... :<

BTW, what do people think about converting the /usr/ports/* into
multi-level hierarchies?  I personally don't like that idea, 'cause I
won't be able to do things like "grep foo /usr/ports/*/*/Makefile"
anymore but how to reorganize x11/ is giving me headaches....

Satoshi