Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 23:17:07 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        thorpej@nas.nasa.gov, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, core@FreeBSD.ORG, cgd@netbsd.org, ross@netbsd.org, core@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Copyright infringement in FreeBSD/alpha

Blah, you're all being very lame about this, IMHO.

If people aren't going to credit work, then that's their problem.
They're losers and probably have some sort of penis envy problem too.

If you get depressed or angered over this then I reckon you've got
bigger problems to worry about.  Doing the work is more important
than how many places your name is up in lights (well, I think so
anyway).

If you feel really like you've been robbed, speak to your lawyer.

I don't understand why it is difficult for anyone to acknowledge
the origins of source code written because so long as it is
redistributable (as it is for nearly all *BSD code), it simply
shouldn't matter.

Just leave your ego at home.

hmpf

Too bad someone didn't see fit to cc the openbsd in this as well.

I suspect there is blame to be shared there too, if blaming is what
people want to do.

Quite pathetic, really.