Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:24:51 +0100
From:      Alan Judge <Alan.Judge@indigo.ie>
To:        Arjan van der Oest <arjan@nl.demon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetApp NFS & FreeBSD

Arjan> Is there anyone out there that uses this combination ? I've
Arjan> heard rumours that due to some problems either with FreeBSD or
Arjan> ONTAP this combination was not very reliable or didn't work at
Arjan> all. NetApp was unsure...

We've been doing this for virtually all of our production systems
(we're a large ISP) for almost 2 years.  email (qmail), apache, news,
....  All using V3/UDP NFS.  Versions of FreeBSD mainly 2.2.5/2.2.6
and 3.3.  Ontap most versions, currently mostly 5.3.2 in a cluster.
Works great and we've never had NFS related problems.

One caveat, FreeBSD doesn't support NFS file locking as a client (does
as a server, I think).  That said, we don't need/use it and you could
easily argue that NFS file locking is broken as designed.
--
Alan