Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:16:29 -0500
From:      APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maildir Format

Hello,

I'm setting up the email system on my server. I got rid of sendmail
and installed postfix, and I will be installing dovecot. I researched
the difference between mbox and maildir formats, and I'm going to go
with the Maildir. I'm running everything on ZFS, so many small files
shouldn't be a problem.

My problem is, before I made any of these changes and was using the
default sendmail setup, I was using /usr/bin/mail to read my periodic
and cron outputs. However, after I installed postfix with the Maildir
delivery option, I quickly realized that /usr/bin/mail doesn't support
Maildir.

Can anyone suggest a MUA which has support for Maildir that I can use?
I'm looking for something simple and command line, similar to
/usr/bin/mail that I can use until I get around to installing Dovecot.
The only one I know of off the top of my head is mutt. I've never had
much use, and thus experience, with unix MUAs.

Thank you.