Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:40:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Alex Rousskov <rousskov@ircache.net>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP throughput vs number of aliases

Thanks a lot for everybody who has replied! Based on the your pointers
and suggestions, we added a hash to speedup the linear search in
ip_input.c. Preliminary results show 94Mbps throughput with 5000
aliases; the same throughput that we were getting with no aliases.

I am not sure if our ugly (but very small) hack is of any value to
anybody else. The patches suggested on this list are all of better
quality, but were either too rigid and/or too big for our purposes.

Thanks again,

Alex.