Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 22:45:35 -0300
From:      Unknow User <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   shell account server

Dear gentleman,
i am supposed to set up a shell account server. Of course, this kind of
server is too able to be hacked, so the system:

(The company is beginning, so 100% client satisfaction is highly
desirable)

1) once seted up, never reboot it!
2) very fast service, i have to build a fine kernel, compile all
necessary softwares including only necessary options!
3) if the system is hacked i will be probably fired
4) No data can be lost.

There is some other points, but for now, it's necessary!

I began with FreeBSD 2.2.7-Release, i bought the Great Book The Complete
FreeBSD, i  have a good (not enough) amount of knownledge about seting
up FreeBSD machines.

But now i have a great opportunity, and i don't wanna perform a bad job!

My doubt is:

1 - Which FreeBSD version should i use?
2.2.8-Stable, 3.1-Stable or 3.2-Stable ?

2 - Is there any URL that points me all security bug i have to fixed on
the choose version?

3 - Am i going towards right direction choosing FreeBSD ?

4 - I have the book The complete FreeBSD (i bought it with 2.2.7) is it
good to buy a updated version, if you suggest me 3.x FreeBSD version!

5 - Be as sincerely as possible, i would like to perform excelent!

Thank you for your time and cooperation!

PS: i am sorry if the questions is stupid, but i have no one to ask for
help!!