Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 19:05:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      dan@math.berkeley.edu (Dan Strick)
To:        rohitd@dnrc.bell-labs.com
Cc:        dan@math.berkeley.edu, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  3.0 on Laptops

I have tried running 3.0 on an IBM Thinkpad 770.
We had to go out and buy a 3com 3C589 ethernet card because the
IBM card we already had turned out to be unsupported by FreeBSD.
We also had a little difficulty with X.  The screen tends to Flash
frequently/intermittently.  We didn't figure out why.  The extent
and perhaps frequency of the flash seemed to be greater when we
ran 16 bpp.

Other than that, everything seemed to run just fine.

Dan Strick
dan@math.berkeley.edu