Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:21:34 +0100
From:      Andy Zammy <andyzammy@googlemail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dynamic Window Manager install with patch(es)

I see, then in that case I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the
output of make:
# make
You can build dwm with your own config.h using the DWM_CONF knob:
make DWM_CONF=/path/to/dwm/config.h install clean
Note: Pre-5.6 config.h-files no longer work.
===>  License MIT accepted by the user
===>  Found saved configuration for dwm-5.9
===>  Extracting for dwm-5.9
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for dwm-5.9.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for dwm-5.9
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for dwm-5.9
File to patch: files/patch-defaultopacity
No file found--skip this patch? [n] n
File to patch: /usr/home/user/Downloads/dwm.defaultopacity.patch
patch: **** malformed patch at line 9: @@ -52,6 +54,9 @@
=> Patch patch-defaultopacity failed to apply cleanly.
=> Patch(es) patch-Makefile patch-config.mk applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/dwm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/dwm.

Like I say I don't know how patch or diff work but it's strange how it needs
pointing to the patch again?