Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 13:02:00 +0300
From:      Igor Panasenko <Igor_Panasenko@p10.f213.n2504.z2.fidonet.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions.

Dear friends,

    My computer is used as server of a network. On computer is installed
FreeBSD version 2.1.5R. A plenty of time, the station works in automatic
mode without participation of the operator. The problem in following -
FreeBSD is installed on HDD which is installed as slave. Accordingly, when
I compiled kernel I has established the following option "root config on
wd1 ". At load kernel it
is required to specify a key "-r", that kernel and the system used second
HDD. As I can establish this key by default? You see, the input of this
key requires presence of the operator of the computer. But the operator
can not always be present about computer (for example on weekends the
operator is away :).

With best regards,
        Igor Panasenko.

          |     Data  phone: +7-082-244-9811 - 17:00-05:00(GMT)    |
          |     Voice phone: +7-082-242-8264 - 00:00-24:00(GMT)    |
          |  FidoNet: 2:5021/15.6                                  |
          | InterNet: igor.panasenko@p6.f15.n5021.z2.fidonet.org;  |
--- AREXT